I am new to road racing. Are there rules I should know about?
The Road Runners Club of America has developed some guidelines to follow so that every participant (no matter the pace) has an enjoyable time. Here are a few rules/guideline that can help:
Rules of the Road and Trails
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group. Don’t be a road or trail hog.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road or trail.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden u-turn at your turn around point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (other runners, cyclists, in-line skaters, etc.) then make your u-turn. Making a sudden u-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a cross walk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
What is a race packet?
The race packet is a general term for the items needed to participate in a race. In our case, the race packet is the participant shirt and race number. The timing chip is attached to the race number
How do I get my race packet?
Saturday, December 15
10 am to 6 pm
Outlets of Little Rock (11201 Bass Pro Parkway, Little Rock, AR 72210)
Sunday, December 16
Registration Tent at Outlets of Little Rock
- You must pick up your race packet before the event.
- We will not mail 5K or Elf Dash race packets.
- Virtual participant packets will be mailed out race week and will not be at packet pick up.
- Times and locations are subject to change.
Can I register race day?
Yes if we have registrations available. Please go to the registration tent at the Outlets of Little Rock.
- Race day registration is more expensive than early registrations.
- Only cash or check will accepted race day.
How many participants can register?
Elf Dash 100
Virtual Race 100
Is there an age limit?
There are no age limits. We encourage participants of all ages to join us.Elf Dash is for children under 10 years of age.
What do I get for my entry fee?
- Long sleeve dri-fit participant shirt
- Custom race number
- Plentiful course support
- A wonderfully tacky course
5K and Elf Dash finisher’s receive:
- Custom finisher’s medal
- Super Tacky post-race festivities
Virtual Run Participants:
- Long sleeve dri fit participant shirt
- Custom race number
- Custom Finisher’s medal
Elf Dash Participants:
- Cotton shirt
- Race number
5K shirts are a dri-fit technical unisex technical shirt. Sizes are not guaranteed after December 1.
|Location||Youth M||Youth L||Youth XL||Adult S||Adult M||Adult L||Adult XL||Adult XXL|
|Chest @ Armpit||28-29||30-31||32-33||34-36||38-40||42-44||46-48||50-52|
How long is a 5K?
A 5K race is 3.1 miles.
I’ve never run a race before, but would like to try. Do you have any training tips?
We welcome runners and walkers of all abilities to participate. If you want to try running/jogging/walking, a free training program designed by the coaches of the Little Rock Marathon might be right for you. To read more, click here. But remember, even if you are a novice runner and cannot run the entire race once you get to race day, walkers are encouraged to participate as well!
Will the 5K be timed?
The 5K will be timed using a disposable timing chip, which is attached to each participant’s race number. This chip requires no battery, is lighter than a feather and has a built in microprocessor customized to ensure maximum reads even during the most challenging of conditions.
- no chips or tags to return post-race
- official results will be available at the results tent with live scrolling results on TV Monitors and touch screen kiosks.
Results will be posted on RACESONLINE.COM after the race.
Is the Ugly Sweater Race walker friendly?
Yes, we will have plenty of participants that will walk. If you plan to walk the race, please line up behind participants that plan to run.
Is there a time limit?
5K – 1 hour
Virtual: 7 days
Can I run or walk with headphones or earbuds?
Headphones are not allowed. We realize that some will not follow this rule. Use extreme precaution when doing so during the race event for safety reasons.
Is there a finisher’s medal?
Yes. The first 500 5K finishers will receive a medal. Click here to see it.
What awards will be given?
Only the first 15 Men and first 15 Women will be will be recognized at the finish line. There are no age group awards.
How does the costume contest work?
We encourage participants to get creative and embrace your inner tacky old lady. To take part in the costume contest, stop by the judging table at the finish line after you finish to be considered.
- Best Ugly Sweater
- Best Ugly Kids Sweater
- Best Home Made Sweater
- Most Original Sweater
- Best Team Outfit
- Best Family Outfits
Time and Location:
Award Ceremony: 10:15 am
Where do I park on race day?
Parking will be limited so please try to carpool. Volunteers will be on hand to make sure you get packed correctly. Please watch for parking signs and the volunteers.
Where can I find race results after the race?
Race results will be posted on racesonline.com after the race.