Saturday, December 17, 2022
Two Rivers Park (directions click here)
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Participant Instructions (click here)
RACE DAY TIMELINE
|Late Registration/Packet Pick Up
Elf Dash (children 10 & Under)
5k: 1 hour
Virtual: 14 days
The 5K will be timed using a disposable timing chip, which is attached to each participant’s race number. This chip requires no battery, is lighter than a feather and has a built in microprocessor customized to ensure maximum reads even during the most challenging of conditions.
- no chips or tags to return post-race
- official results will be available online
Can’t be tacky with us on race day? No worries. We offer a virtual option. Know the joy of crossing the finish line using your own route, distance and best of all you can run or walk at your convenience. Virtual participants receive a race shirt, race number and finisher’s medal.
How It Works:
- Participants in central Arkansas must pick up their race packet at regular packet pick up.
- Participants outside of central Arkansas will have their goodies (race shirt, race number and medal) mailed after the race.
- Run or walk your race from wherever you are – whenever you want!
- Starting December 17th you’ll have until December 30th to complete your virtual race.
- Virtual times should be submitted through thru your Race Roster dashboard.
- Finish times will qualify for the Run Local Race Series, but registration for the series is required.
- When you have completed your race wear your medal proudly.
- Post a picture of yourself and your medal on social media using #UglySweaterRace.
The Elf Dash is an untimed race for children 10 and under.
- The course is less than ¼ mile.
- Parents are welcome to run with their children.
- Elf Dash participants will receive a long sleeve cotton shirt, official race number, and stocking filled with treats.
Race official want provide a safe race environment for all participants. Should there be a time that it is determined to be unsafe to start a race or proceed with the race, once it has started, the following policy may be enforced:
- If weather or other conditions present a danger to participants, race officials maintain the right to cancel or modify the race.
- Extreme weather conditions will be recognized as “an act of god” and will not result in the refunding of race registration fees or future race credits.
- Public safety officials and medical authorities will be consulted prior to any race cancellation or modification. Should City of Little Rock officials, which are beyond the race’s control, impact race official’s ability to conduct the event, the same refund policy will be in effect.
- Race officials assert that each participant assumes a personal responsibility when entering a running/walking event and accepts the potential risks. Ugly Sweater Race encourages all participants to take all precautions and cooperate with directives given during the race by event personnel.
- Unfortunately, almost all race related expenses will have been incurred prior to the actual race. Should the race be forced to modify the course or cancel the race, the financial impact on the race would not be any different than if the race was held in its entirety. Thus, refunding of registration fees would devastate the financial future of the race.
- Once we receive and accept your registration, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate.
RACE RULES & REGULATIONS
The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy your race, but we do have some basic rules that will ensure that things run smoothly.
- No baby joggers or strollers are allowed.
- No pets (dogs), roller blades, skateboards, bikes, etc. are allowed in any of the races.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front outer most layer of clothing or costume and must be visible at all times.
- Transferring of race number to someone else is not allowed. While the practice of giving your race number to someone else, may seem harmless, it can result in serious consequences to all individuals involved. It’s an issue of false identity and a liability issue.
*Your race number is attached to your identity. If an emergency occurs that requires medical attention or a race official must identify a participant, we need to have the correct information.
*Awards could also be impacted.
*If race organizers identify an individual who has given their race number to another person, it will result in disqualification and a minimum two-year ban for all individuals for any race conducted by the Little Rock Marathon.
Races are held rain or shine and will not be cancelled except for cases of severe weather. The race officials will evaluate weather conditions and make an appropriate determination regarding initiation, cancellation, or continuation of the race. Such determination shall be based on prudent consideration by race officials in conjunction with local law enforcement and/or other officials.
In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, race officials reserve the right to alter, cancel, or eliminate any/all portions of the race or to make any modification concerning the time, length, or nature of the event.
Overall Male & Female (top 3)
- All finishers will be handed a medal after they finish the race.
- Awards will be mailed once results are certified.
- There will be no awards ceremony after the race.
- No duplication of awards